The open enrollment period (OEP) is like a limited-time shopping spree for health insurance. This is the period when you can enroll in or make changes to your health insurance plan for the upcoming year, and it's a crucial date to mark on your calendar!
The open enrollment period begins on November 1 and ends between November 15 and January 31, depending on each state.
The OEP is important because it allows you to review your current coverage, explore new options, and ensure you have a policy that meets your needs. It's a time to consider factors such as changes in your health, financial situation, or family circumstances.
During the open enrollment period, you can shop for health insurance by evaluating different plans' benefits, premiums, deductibles, and provider networks. This is where HealthBird's AI and team of agents come in. HealthBird's AI analyzes your needs, considers your preferences and budget, and offers tailored options. Our trusted agents provide personalized guidance, answering your questions and assisting you in making an informed decision.
With HealthBird, you can confidently select the best health insurance policy for you and your family during the open enrollment period. We'll help you navigate the maze of options, ensuring you have the coverage you need to protect your health and finances.
So when the open enrollment period begins, let HealthBird be your trusty shopping companion. If you have questions or need assistance, give HealthBird a chirp. We're here to help you find the perfect insurance policy for your needs.
Remember these important dates:
- November 1: Open Enrollment starts for health coverage for the next plan year — the first day you can enroll in, re-enroll in, or change health plans through the Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1.
- December 15: Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1.
- January 1: Coverage starts for those who enroll in or change plans by December 15 and pay their first premium.
- January 15: Open Enrollment ends — last day to enroll in or change health plans for the year. After this date, you can enroll in or change plans only if you qualify for a special enrollment period (SEP).
- February 1: Coverage starts for those who enroll in or change plans from December 16 through January 15 and pay their first premium.